PURE PURSUITS DISCUSSIONS
Discussions form the basis of the PURE Pursuits programme and every Challenger will lead one half-hour discussion during the Pursuit.
HOW TO CREATE A DISCUSSION TOPIC
Remember, we all work in high-end experiential travel, so the key is to think specific, unexpected and stimulating.
Disruptive and (respectfully!) provocative questions make for the best discussions, ensuring each Challenger leaves the Pursuit with more knowledge, insights and relevant takeaways than they arrived with.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DISCUSSION
First 5 minutes
Briefly introduce your topic to your fellow Challengers
Next 20 minutes
Open up the Discussion to the floor
Final 5 minutes
Wrap up your Discussion with 3 key takeaways
Top tips for a great discussion:
- Choose a topic that you’re knowledgeable (and passionate) about
- Include a statistic – give people something tangible to take away
- End your introduction with a specific question
- Prepare & rehearse your 5-minute introduction
- 3 clear takeaways are essential, so keep the discussion on track throughout the 25 minutes
… Remember, you’ve got 20 of the industry’s leading minds for a half-hour discussion: use them wisely!
Yes – think specific!
- How can we market tricky destinations such as emerging markets?
- How do you make your company attractive to Millennials and retain them as long-term employees?
- If we were to rebrand travel agents / buyers / travel designers, how would we go about this?
No – broad or open-ended!
- How can we use travel to transform lives?
- How do we bring a sustainable approach into our experiences?
- How can we give back to destinations we visit?
- Create a catchy title that sells in your topic
- Bring it with you and when you arrive, we’ll provide you with a card to write it on, before claiming your discussion slot during the week